PLEASURES x Reebok Team Up to Reimagine the Club C Legacy and OG Club C 85
BOSTON, MASS. / AUGUST 6, 2021 – Today, Reebok and LA-based brand PLEASURES announced their most recent collaboration comprising two unique interpretations of the Club C Legacy and Club C 85, available August 13.
For FW21, PLEASURES and Reebok further strengthened their long-term partnership with a dual drop featuring a unique take on the Club C Legacy and the iconic Club C 85. The fourth collaborative project between PLEASURES and Reebok was inspired by the higher-level concept of evolution and how it impacts both design and life itself.
“The Club C has set its place in history as a globally loved sneaker. This shoe has followed me throughout my life and holds a special place in my heart,” said PLEASURES co-founder Alex James. “We wanted to reimagine two distinct versions of this classic icon to shine a light on the importance of growth and change.”
PLEASURES x Reebok Club C Legacy (GW2644, $120)
- This shoe features a subtle, yet strong colorway of Pure Grey and Straw crafted out of mesh and suede. The silhouette also sports updated tooling and a translucent sole featuring PLEASURES branding, while Reebok’s branding graces the heels and panels.
- To promote this Club C Legacy, PLEASURES x Reebok executed on a co-branded campaign featuring videos and photos of a drone delivering the shoes in different settings (e.g., a park, the suburbs, the city, lakes, deserts, and more).
PLEASURES x Reebok Club C 85 (GW2644, $120)
- This hardcore version of the classic icon is dressed in fuzzy, pine green suede overlays with a black, waterproof CORDURA® base. By leveraging a mix of materials and fabrics, the brands gave this silhouette an elevated, durable edge suited for all kinds of outdoor elements.
- PLEASURES’ branding—a heart-shaped design—appears within the suede overlay while Reebok’s classic logo is featured on the tongue of the shoe.
- For the Club C OG silhouette, PLEASURES worked with photographer Adam Powell to capture mock, tabloid-style images announcing the collaboration to the public.
Both silhouettes also feature an image on the insole that was taken by PLEASURES graphic designer, Austin Hunkins, in Paris in 2020.
Founded in 2015, PLEASURES is a global brand inspired by punk, street, and 1980s subculture aesthetic. Known for combining original design with bold graphics to create a contemporary expression of classic, timeless styles, the brand’s designs often evoke strong feelings of nostalgia.
PLEASURES is a Los Angeles based brand founded by Alex James and Vlad Elkin in 2015that features a contemporary expression of the eternally influential and relevant. The brand looks to create an identity beyond just physical garments byconverting 80’s and 90’s subculture aesthetic & the DIY lifestyle into clothing that evokes feelings of nostalgia. PLEASURES exudes feelings from the past interpreted into visual, cerebral, and wearable expression. Known for its designs that court controversies, a move that established it as one of the most proactive brands now. The brand uses designs inspired by punk, street, and 1980’s subculture mixed into a melting pot of original and bold graphics. PLEASUREShas grown into a global brand, experiencing more business in Asia than the USA. PLEASURES also gained popularity among celebrities! Its unique design has been worn by stars like Wiz Khalifa, Playboi Carti, The Weeknd, Kylie Jenner, and Miguel.
PRESS RELEASE DOWNLOAD
Eliza SneedenAssociate Manager, Global PR & Brand MarketingUnited StatesEliza.Sneeden@reebok.com603-686-3892
MORE FROM LATEST NEWS
SUBSCRIBE TO RSS FEEDXML
Introducing: Reebok x Victoria Beckham Drop Seven
Reebok and Mountain Research Combine Artful Stitching with Industrial Designs on Leather Beatnik
Reebok Levels Up Platform Club C Sneakers to Create All-New Silhouette for Fall
Dinosaurs Roam the Earth in Reebok’s Second Jurassic Collection – Reebok x Jurassic World Dominion