Reebok and JJ Watt’s Latest Footwear Drop has a Serendipitous Meaning
The Reebok JJ IV ‘Back to Basics’ Pack Releases Tonight at Midnight
Boston, MA – March 10, 2021: Reebok and JJ Watt are teaming up once again for the fourth installment to the JJ IV training shoe series that first debuted in the fall of 2020, with the release of the JJ IV ‘Back to Basics’ pack.
To the unknowing eye, Watt actually gave a sneak peek to fans of the upcoming release last week when he officially landed in Arizona holding a pair of the timely black/white/red colorway in celebration of his new team (see here).
Speaking to the latest release Watt shared on his social media channels today, “Serendipitous (adj.): occurring or discovered by chance in a happy or beneficial way. When we designed this colorway 8 months ago, we just thought it was a simple, clean look. In a serendipitous turn of events, it happens to be the colors of my new team.”
Designed and wear-tested with the help of one the world’s most dynamic athletes, the JJ IV takes years of insights and feedback from the fitness community to deliver the ultimate training shoe for the modern-day athlete. From the fit and feel to materials and construction, no stone was left unturned during its creation process.
Key features to the JJ IV include:
- Flexweave® woven textile upper provides resilient stretch and targeted support at key performance areas
- Modernized webbing system contains mid-foot to enhance fit
- Fingerprint-inspired multi-directional flex groove sole provides superior durability and traction, while also bringing to life Watt’s personal desire to leave his mark on the game
- Watt’s signature “Dream Big, Work Hard” motto on laces
- Reebok ‘Question’ inspired toe cap design as a nod to his admiration for fellow Reebok athlete Allen Iverson and his iconic sneaker
Images of the newest JJ IV release can be viewed on JJ through personal footage captured during his off-season training.
The latest Reebok JJ IV pack drop will be available in unisex sizes starting March 11th on Reebok.com and at select footwear retailers across the US, with an MSRP of $99.99.
PRESS RELEASE DOWNLOAD
MORE FROM LATEST NEWS
SUBSCRIBE TO RSS FEEDXML
Reebok & Warner Bros. Consumer Products Announce Two-Part, Reebok x Looney Tunes Capsule Collection Fit for Every Celebration
Maison Margiela x Reebok Classic Leather Tabi Décortiqué Low January 2022
Reebok and BAPE® Unveil Latest Collaboration Featuring the Club C 85 and Instapump Fury
Cardi B x Reebok Drop New Metallic Apparel & Sneaker Collection