Reebok & Ghostbusters Join Forces Once Again to Drop a Footwear & Apparel Collection Inspired By The Iconic Film Franchise
(BOSTON) October 4, 2021 – Today Reebok, in collaboration with Sony Pictures Consumer Products, unveils a full-family footwear and apparel collection inspired by the Ghostbusters franchise. Following the successful first line between the two brands which launched in October 2020, Reebok has come back with an even larger collection. Various pieces of footwear in this second capsule draw inspiration from the original films while other pieces are modeled off characters and themes featured in the highly anticipated Ghostbusters: Afterlife film premiering exclusively in movie theaters on November 19th.
In Ghostbusters: Afterlife, when a single mom and her two kids arrive in a small town, they begin to discover their connection to the original ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind. This modern-day-story combined with the nostalgia of the franchise makes it a perfect pairing with Reebok given the brand has a penchant for putting a modern twist on classic footwear designs.
Details of the footwear featured in the collection include:
- Ecto Boot ($160, H03298) – The Ecto Boot is a modern take on Ghostbusters and Reebok’s OG Pump shoe from the ‘80s. The shoe features a utilitarian theme and incorporates supportive, functional elements including the abrasion resistant medial side toe and TPU heel cap, neoprene heel collar and speed lacing system. Available in unisex sizing.
- Zig Kinetica ($140, H03293) – All details on this Zig Kinetica are designed to emulate the new ghost – Muncher – that appears in the upcoming film. The silhouette is semi translucent and glows in the dark from the vamp and collar to the transparent mono mesh upper. Throughout the shoe are nods to Muncher’s ravenous metallic appetite including the tongue with a bite taken out of it, the sockliner featuring various metal snacks and the silver hits throughout the shoe. Available in adult, gradeschool, preschool and toddler sizing.
- Instapump Fury ($200, H03295) – If you need to prove a ghostly encounter, try this “slimed over” Instapump Fury. Based on the psycho-reactive slime that makes an appearance in Ghostbusters II, this Instapump Fury features a semi-translucent gel print across the upper to create the look of slime and the heel clip provides some extra street cred with the text “PROOF OF A GHOSTLY ENCOUNTER.” Available in adult and toddler sizing.
- Answer IV ($200, H03288) – This Answer IV marks the first time the Terror Dogs make their way onto footwear. Hidden details and upper materials – including nubuck and cracked leather – are all inspired by the grisly characters from the iconic franchise. The shoe also features glow in the dark outsole, slobber details and red eyelets, the latter of which represents the frightening dogs glowing red eyes. Available in adult sizing.
- Zig Kinetica Kids ($85, H03290) – The Mini-Pufts, a group of little terrors, make an appearance on this kids silhouette which features the iconic white, red and black color scheme in addition to a pack of Mini-Pufts fighting one another. As if the Mini-Pufts are melting, the upper features a white drip that bleeds onto the caution stripe midsole. Available in gradeschool, preschool and toddler sizing.
Select pieces of the footwear line – including the Ecto Boot and Answer IV – come in specialized packaging paying homage to characters and details from Ghostbusters films, new and old, as well as Reebok’s historic footwear models. The collection is also completed with two sweatshirts, the first of which is best paired with the Answer IV and the second of which with the Zig Kinetica.
The Reebok x Ghostbusters collection will be available on www.reebok.com/ghostbusters in unisex sizing beginning October 13th exclusively for Reebok UNLOCKED members. The collection will then become globally available on October 15th.
About Sony Pictures Consumer Products
Sony Pictures Consumer Products (SPCP) is the licensing and merchandising division of Sony Pictures’ Motion Picture Group and Sony Pictures Television for Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition, and distribution; television production, acquisition, and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. Sony Pictures Television operates dozens of wholly-owned or joint-venture production companies around the world. SPE’s Motion Picture Group production organizations include Columbia Pictures, Screen Gems, TriStar Pictures, 3000 Pictures, Sony Pictures Animation, Stage 6 Films, AFFIRM Films, Sony Pictures International Productions, and Sony Pictures Classics. For additional information, visit http://www.sonypictures.com/corp/divisions.html
About Ghostbusters: Afterlife
From director Jason Reitman and producer Ivan Reitman, comes the next chapter in the original Ghostbusters universe. In Ghostbusters: Afterlife, when a single mom and her two kids arrive in a small town, they begin to discover their connection to the original ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind. The film is written by Gil Kenan & Jason Reitman.
Based on the 1984 film “Ghostbusters,” an Ivan Reitman film written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis, Ghostbusters: Afterlife is produced by Ivan Reitman and executive produced by Dan Aykroyd, Gil Kenan, Jason Blumenfeld, Michael Beugg, Aaron L. Gilbert, Jason Cloth and stars Carrie Coon, Finn Wolfhard, Mckenna Grace, Annie Potts, and Paul Rudd.
PRESS RELEASE DOWNLOAD
Julia Pasquale MonkManager, Global PR & Brand MarketingUnited StatesJulia.Monk@reebok.com(857) 262-2425
MORE FROM LATEST NEWS
Reebok Teases Collaboration with Netflix Series La Casa de Papel
Reebok by Pyer Moss | Experiment 4 "Emergency Orange" Colorway Arrives on Reebok.com On November 27th
A$AP Nast‘s NST2 x Reebok Present Collaborative Zig Kinetica II Edge, Available November 26
Reebok’s Latest Training Shoe Collection Celebrates the Underlying Energies of Elite Athletes