The Jetsons and The Flintstones Reunite Through an Ultra-Nostalgic Footwear & Apparel Collection by Reebok and Warner Bros. Consumer Products
(BOSTON) March 29, 2022 – Today Reebok and Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) reignite a crossover of two of the most iconic animated families in television history – The Jetsons and The Flintstones. The two brands’ latest collaboration, Reebok x The Jetsons & Flintstones, will bring the beloved futuristic and prehistoric characters into the modern world through a lifestyle footwear and apparel collection.
The collaboration is inspired by Hanna-Barbera’s 1987, made-for-television animated film that brought The Jetsons to The Flintstones’ hometown of Bedrock, in addition to seeing The Flintstones travel to The Jetsons’ world of Orbit City. Each footwear model in the line is based on a character or location from the film, incorporating thoughtful details that bring the nostalgia from each time period to pieces that are wearable in today’s world.
Details on the silhouettes featured in the collection include:
- Classic Leather ($100, GY3984) – Kicking off the collection is one of Reebok’s most well-known silhouettes, the Classic Leather, inspired by the iconic Fred Flintstone. The clean white upper features key details like Fred’s signature clothing print, pinking details on the tongue and an embroidered sabretooth tiger heel tab. The sockliner also features custom artwork from the Daily Slab, the newspaper seen in The Flintstones’ hometown of Bedrock. Available in men’s sizing.
- Classic Leather Legacy AZ ($110, GY3983) – The retro Classic Leather Legacy AZ leaps into the future and takes cues from the futuristic style of George Jetson. Details from George’s work life at Spacely Space Sprockets are reflected in the metallic iridescent accents, On/Off switches and lightning details. The shoe also contains nods to George’s workplace best friend, his computer R.U.D.I., and a devilish portrayal of his boss Mr. Spacely. Available in unisex sizing.
- Zig Kinetica II Edge ($150, GY3980) – Zig Kinetica’s rugged edge brings The Flintstones’ beloved pet dinosaur, Dino, to life through a bold pink upper in tribute to everyone’s favorite Snorkasaurus. Detailing throughout the shoe pays homage to some of Dino’s favorite things – from steaks to snakes – as well as his gigantic tongue. Available in unisex sizing.
- Instapump Fury 94 ($200, GY8819) – The asymmetrical mashup of this Instapump Fury 94 is the perfect representation of The Flintstones’ and The Jetsons’ worlds colliding. The silhouette combines animal prints and furs from The Flintstones with metallic and iridescent details from The Jetsons. Hints from both universes are sprinkled throughout the shoe including a sockliner graphic alluding to a theory that The Flintstones and The Jetsons reside in the same time period. Available in adult sizing.
- Zig Kinetica II ($140, GX3975) – Fred and Barney’s foil, The Great Gazoo, comes to life on this bold, green Zig Kinetica II. Mixed materials on the upper give shoe depth and dimension while the glow in the dark lateral TPU cage and molded eyelet antennae make this Zig true to The Great Gazoo. Rounding out the Gazoo’s inspiration is his signature phrase written on the heel pull. Available in unisex sizing.
- Zig Kinetica II ($140, GW3853) – One look at the metallics details on this Zig Kinetica II makes the shoe easily recognizable as a tribute to Rosie, The Jetsons’ robot helper. Beyond the materials on the upper, the rivet details on the heel and tongue overlay are a shocking white, just like Rosie’s hair. The sockliner dives deeper into Rosie’s history showing an advertisement for robot maids on The Jetson’s world. Available in unisex sizing.
- Nano X1 ($140, GX6435) – This version of Reebok’s beloved training shoe, the Nano X1, brings Bedrock to life. The stone inspired mesh upper with dinosaur accents, like the 3D “Bones” X1 tongue logo, will make you feel as though you have been transported to The Flintstones’ stomping grounds. Inside, the sockliner features brontosaurus burgers and steaks to remind you of Fred and Barney’s favorite hometown meals. Available in men’s sizing.
- Club C ($100, GX3972) – One of Reebok’s most classic silhouettes, the Club C, pays homage to Wilma Flintstone. Emblematic of her signature dress, this all-white Club C features a pinked toe cap and tongue. Wilma’s bold stone necklace also makes an appearance through a custom dubrae, while the patterned shoe lining pays homage to her other outfits. Available in unisex sizing.
- Club C Legacy ($100, GZ6421) – Jane Jetson, mother of Judy and Elory and wife of George, is featured on this Club C Legacy. The brilliant pink upper is reminiscent of her eye-catching dress while iridescent details on the eyestay reference The Jetsons’ universe. The inside of the shoe features sockliners that focus on Jane’s signature beauty routine and the robots that help her get ready. Available in unisex sizing.
Paired with the footwear collection is a range of graphic apparel – including short and long sleeve tees as well as a women’s crew – all of which reference various places in the two universes. Each cotton piece contains a woven label that references the era of when the two series were aired and features a mock retro Reebok TV logo inspired by the TV guide listings of the time.
The apparel line also features women’s athleticwear in the form of Reebok’s Lux High-Rise Leggings, Lux Skinny Strap Sports Bra and AOP Bike Short. All three pieces feature a strong women’s print that brings The Jetsons’ and The Flintstones’ worlds together through plants and environments that bleed between both worlds. Characters and elements from both shows are also hidden within the print from the family pets, Astro and Dino, to The Great Gazoo.
The Reebok x The Jetsons & Flintstones collection will be available exclusively for Reebok UNLOCKED members on reebok.com/flintstones_jetsons beginning April 5thbefore becoming globally available on April 8th.
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, part of WarnerMedia Global Brands and Experiences, extends the Studio’s powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by franchises and properties such as DC, Wizarding World, Looney Tunes, Hanna-Barbera, HBO, Cartoon Network and Adult Swim. The division’s successful global themed entertainment business includes groundbreaking experiences such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, promotional partnerships and themed experiences, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
Julia Pasquale MonkManager, Global PR & Brand MarketingUnited StatesJulia.Monk@reebok.com(857) 262-2425
MORE FROM LATEST NEWS
SUBSCRIBE TO RSS FEEDXML
PANINI America x Reebok Footwear & Apparel Collection Celebrates Iverson and Iconic “Prizm” Sports Cards, Available November 4
Reebok and South African Brand Nao Serati Unveil Expressive Pride Collaboration
Vibrant Crystals and Cardi B’s Unstoppable Hustle Are the Inspiration for Reebok x Cardi B ‘Let Me Be…Next Level Energy’ Collection
Reebok and National Geographic Reunite for Footwear Collection Inspired by Wild and Endangered Species