Reebok Partners with Emerging Creatives for “Write Your Legacy” Campaign
Classics Collaborators’ artwork tells a unique story about the new Classic Leather Legacy
July 16, 2020 – Today, Reebok reveals a collection of young, aspiring artists’ work to celebrate and showcase its new upcoming product: Classic Leather Legacy.
The Classic Collaborators, a collective of emerging creatives from various disciplines, were provided the shoe and the prompt: “Your legacy isn’t what you leave behind, it’s what you create now” to construct a unique story centered around the new shoe. Over the past several months, the pandemic has thwarted formative moments for these creatives, so the brand sought to provide an opportunity and platform to write their own legacy. And they delivered. They created photos, videos, CGI and even a quilt; yes a quilt, all in the midst of quarantine.
The artists hail from across the globe, and include:
- Achille Laplante – A photographer based in Le Brun, Paris, France
- Becky Garner – A videographer based in London, UK; creator of the compilation video (linked below)
- Chloe Karayiannis – An art director and 3D artist based in London, UK
- Christina Lopez – A designer from Boston, MA
- Dan Hall – A photographer based in London, UK
- Davo Howarth – An artist based in Manchester, UK
- Enkako – A photographer and blogger based in China
- Jade Pearl – An artist based in London, UK
- John Yuyi – A visual artist based in New York
- Kicki Yang Zhang – An artist, beauty influencer, and model based in Berlin, Germany
- Michael Kusumadjaja – A photographer based in New York
- Myles Loftin – A photographer and director based in Brooklyn. NY
- Natalie Shields – A designer, art director, photographer and illustrator based in Brooklyn, New York and from Seattle, WA
- Nathanael Layne – A visual artist based in Cambridge, MA
- Somnath Bhatt – An artist and designer based in both India and the U.S.
- Thorpe – A visual artist that works primarily with textiles from Boston, MA
- You Lu – A typography and graphic designer based in Brooklyn, NY and born in Shanghai
Each artist’s name is linked to their respective content, and you can check out a compilation video of their work HERE.
The Classic Leather Legacy is a true throwback that mixes design elements from the Reebok Aztec with the iconic Classic Leather, creating the best of sport culture. Modern technical ripstops are paired with soft suedes, staying true to Reebok’s running heritage. The Classic Leather Legacy features reflective underlays and is finished with a retro nylon and exposed foam tongue, for a truly deconstructed vintage feel.
The Classic Leather Legacy is available for $80 USD in adult’s sizes and $65 USD in kid’s sizes beginning August 4, 2020, on Reebok.com. To learn more about the Classic Leather Legacy please visit reebok.com/legacy.
PRESS RELEASE DOWNLOAD
Julia Pasquale MonkAssociate PR ManagerUnited StatesJulia.Monk@reebok.com(857) 262-2425
MORE FROM LATEST NEWS
SUBSCRIBE TO RSS FEEDXML
Reebok Unveils Line Inspired by Liquid Magma & the Deep Sea for October
Reebok’s Newest Zig Kinetica Drop is Comprised of Tonal Colorways and Unexpected Camo Treatments
Reebok’s Latest Apparel Collection Will Help You Battle the Elements This Winter
Reebok and Angus Chiang Play With Color and Texture in New Capsule Collection