Reebok’s Retro-Future Zig Kinetica II Ushers in Next Generation of Iconic Sport-Style Model, Available Feb 1
(BOSTON) January 26, 2020 – Reebok has unveiled the next generation of its retro-future Zig Kinetica franchise with the Zig Kinetica II, a teardown evolution of the contemporary sport-style model delivering transformative energy via an amplified vis-tech design. The SS21 Zig Kinetica II range is available in the U.S. from Reebok.com for UNLOCKED early-access members beginning February 1 before becoming available to the general public on February 2. The range launches globally beginning March 1.
Introduced in spring of 2020, Reebok’s Zig Kinetica franchise ushered in a new era for the brand’s historic ZigTech performance technology that pushed the boundaries of innovation, style and function upon its release in 2010.
Fast forward to today - Zig Kinetica bares a streamlined take on the iconic ‘zigzag’ mid-outsole encapsulating a harmonious three-part absorption system that channels and returns kinetic energy to the wearer’s foot with every stride:
- Floatride Fuel: Bouncy interior foam delivers everyday cushioning and comfort.
- Zig Energy Bands: Rubber band outsole system contracts and retracts with every step.
- Zig Energy Shell: Bold vis-tech midsole channels and returns kinetic energy.
Further pressing the limits of design for 2021, Zig Kinetica IIpresents a stripped-down material makeup, a high-energy color palette and an evolved skeletal structure bringing its visible technology to the forefront. The result is a transcendent lifestyle model unbound by expectations, enabling wearers of all walks to channel their own energy and stay ahead of the current.
Key SS21 Zig Kinetica II offerings:
- Zig Kinetica II “Digi-Scape”: Futuristic aesthetic bridges the physical-digital divide, nodding the sudden moments where irregularity occurs as we trial and error our new virtual lives. Featured models include unisex black/orange (FX9349) and women’s-specific black/blue/purple (FX9405), among others. Available February 1.
- Zig Kinetica II “ARS” (FX9337): Distorted, abstract graphic execution brings a surreal aesthetic to the streamlined women’s-specific silhouette. Tonal grey/white design highlights pops of vibrant green throughout. Available February 1.
- Zig Kinetica II “Digi-Warp” (GZ7069): Amplifies digital aesthetic via an enlarged Reebok Vector on both lateral and medial sides. Cool grey upper seated atop clean white midsole and outsole with pops of highlighter green throughout. Available April 1.
The SS21 Zig Kinetica II range is available in the U.S. from Reebok.com for UNLOCKED early-access members beginning February 1 before becoming available to the general public on February 2. The range launches globally beginning March 1, with the Zig Kinetica II “Digi-Warp” dropping April 1.
Jason SilvaAssociate PR Manager, Reebok ClassicUnited StatesJason.Silva@reebok.com603 425 9157